Friday, October 22, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Really would it be our blog if we didn't include a kitty picture?


I am not going to even offer an explanation as to why I haven't posted in months except to say that life happens.

I think pretty much everyone who actually reads our blog already knows that we are having a baby in April. But in case I'm wrong...surprise! We find out the sex of the baby on Wednesday so hopefully I will remember to post an update. Wor is determined that we are having a girl. I have absolutely no idea what I think at this point. Most mom's say they have a hunch of some kind...I've got nothing. I have started to feel the baby move which is really exciting! As I am starting to show Wor is getting more and more excited. I think it's starting to feel real for him now that there is something visual to him to see saying "Yeah I'm gonna be a Dad!" We will update more on Baby Thongthai soon.

17 weeks


I wanted to share my two favorite muffin recipes tonight. Banana and pumpkin. Keep in mind in my kitchen both of these flavors is usually followed by "chocolate chip" but hey everyone is different!

The banana muffin recipe was a lucky find on Allrecipes. This is my favorite recipe sharing site. I always go for the recipes that have TONS of reviews and really high ratings. I feel like that way I am getting a varied and hopefully accurate average. This search method hasn't failed me yet! This particular recipe has 1,161 reviews with a 4.5/5 star average...it's a winner!


Banana Muffins


1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter melted

Combine the banana, sugar, egg and butter and blend together. Whisk in the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk in flour. If you are going to mix anything else in cough cough chocolate chips do it now.

Bake at 350 degrees in a lined muffin pan. They will need to bake for 12-20 minutes.


The pumpkin muffin recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen. I really enjoy this food blog and my family seems to really enjoy these muffins. These muffins get requested more than anything I make, especially by my mom (no this does not include Wors request for fried rice).

Pumpkin Muffins



1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup solid pure pumpkin puree (make sure it isn't pumpkin pie filling)
1/3 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I typically dash a little nutmeg, clove and then a lot of cinnamon in as a substitute)
1 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon extra set aside for later
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon set aside

Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. After blended whisk flour in just until blended. If you want to add chocolate chips do so after the flour is mixed in. Distribute to 12 lined muffin cups. Combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over each cup of batter. Bake at 350 degrees until they muffins bounce back, approximately 12-18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment